Thu, Aug 06|
Location is TBD
HOST Back the Blue Parade
*CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER* "To show our LEO's gratitude, love and appreciation. This is not political and NOT an anti-BLM protest. This is not a "protest" at all. You ride the same day/time as us so that we are all UNITING and spreading the love together. CARE WITH US!"
Time & Location
Aug 06, 2020, 7:00 PM
Location is TBD
About The Event
Back the Blue parade,
was SUCH A HUGE success on July 2, 2020,
that we (Wounded Veterans Project Inc. founder, Jeannie and board member/Shamrock owner, Erica) are going to do it again!!!! I am seeking "HOSTS" that want to spearhead this in YOUR area with OUR vision the same day/time as us so that we are all UNITING and showing our LEO's gratitude, love and appreciation.
This is not political and NOT an anti-BLM protest.
This is not a "protest" at all.
If you are interested,
please register here and then we can talk.
AUG 6, leaving your first spot at 7pm!
THen when you get started here is some suggestions on how to go about it....
1. pick the PD's you want to go by
2. Contact the LEO in charge at that PD and let them know what you will be doing and what the vision is for this parade. See if maybe they would consider leading the ride and blocking intersections for you
3. Create a FB event page and invite EVERYONE that you think will want to come, try to avoid those that you know might not want any part of it (FB limits how many you can invite so make them count).
4. Post about the event on your social media, ask people to SHARE it
5. Tag me in the event, I'd love to see it! (Jeannie Miller or WOunded Veterans Project Inc.) Also, so I can promote it as a "sister parade."
6. Pick a start and end point
7. Map out the easiest route to do parade. Don't share that until the LAST minute (you don't want haters being hateful).
8. Ask people, in your event page, to decorate their bikes/cars/trucks/whatever with thin blue line flags and American Flags!
9. PLEASE mention in your event info.......
"We will be riding as a "sister parade" to Wounded Veterans Project inc. which you can find info on at www.lovelonger.net"
I ask this of you because it is a wonderful way for me to get my non-profits name out there. I help Combat Veterans in need. I did a 50/50 raffle at my last parade and raised $1,100. to help Vets! it was pretty awesome! I would encourage any of the parades to do this, if you wanted to also help raise money for Combat Veterans but it is not a requirment. I am a 501c3
10. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!